TRUMPETER 1/35 T-80BVM
The T-80 is a Soviet and Russian main battle tank, the so-called 3rd generation from the Cold War and modern times. The first prototypes of this vehicle were built in the years 1967-1975, and the car entered service in the second half of the 1970s. It is estimated that at least 5,400 copies of this car were built. The combat weight of the T-80B version reaches 42.5 tons. The drive is provided by a single GTD-1000 gas turbine with a capacity of 1000 HP, and in later versions - GTD-1250 with a capacity of 1250 HP. The primary armament was the 125mm 2A46M smoothbore gun, and the secondary armament consisted of a 7.62mm PKT machine gun and a 12.7mm NSW machine gun.
The T-80 tank was the first large-scale vehicle, the so-called 3rd generation in the Radzicka Army and the first in the world powered by a gas turbine. Despite the external similarity to the T-64 or T-72 tanks, it is not a simple development, but actually a completely new design. In the course of serial production, many development versions of the T-80 were created, among them: the T-80B (a vehicle with a fire control system[SKO] 1A33, with reinforced armor and capable of firing the 9K112-2 Koba missile from the cannon), T-80U (tank with SKO 1A46, reinforced drive unit and added Kontakt-5 reactive armor) or T-80UM (vehicle with new targeting systems). It is worth noting that at the moment various versions of the T-80 tank are in service in, for example, Egypt, the Russian Federation, South Korea and Pakistan.